>> Tuesday, May 01, 2012
Well... it's happened. I've finally worked my way up to the LEAD in the Minnesota Distance Running Association's "Grand Prix" series!!!
But I don't expect this to last.
- 7th place (Patrick Russell) has beat me at every race, but he didn't race Get in Gear, so that's how I was able to take the lead.
- 8th place (Scott Davis) has beat me in the last 2 races, but he didn't race the Half Marathon in January.
- 9th place (Nathan Campeau) was right on my tail before he skipped Get in Gear.
- 21st place (Ben Merchant) has kicked butt at both races that he's raced, so if he finishes off the series, he could easily take the overall win.
- 25th place (Michael Nawrocki) was just behind me at the first race, and just beat me at the second. And then he hasn't ran the last 2 races.
The Grand Prix is 14 races, and only your best 10 count. So all of these guys are still TOTALLY in the running. And I bet most of them will beat me by year's end.
And technically, a bunch of great runners could sign up today and race the rest of the series, and they'd have 10 races under their belt. So, it's ANYONE'S game at this point....
.... but I AM pretty thrilled to be up there! :)